Hardware Design Intern - Networking R&DRoseville, California
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Roseville, California|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Hardware Design Intern - Networking R&D
This intern will be working with the Aruba team, an HPE Networking development group on next generation products. The intern will have a summer project that will be used for/in the Hardware development activities of current or future systems.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise’s Intern Program offers students practical experience in the technology industry. The objective of the program is to develop your skills and experience and provide future opportunities for full-time employment at HPE. Assignments will entail real-world applications, valuable work assignments and opportunities to experience HPE’s industry leading portfolio.
Currently, we’re interested in hiring top-tier students, enrolled full-time in a university program, and are looking for internships working on leading-edge technology.
The Aruba team develops state of the art, world class networking products for the marketplace and our customers. We are looking
for individuals that have the desire and ability to contribute at this level.
- The student will be working with and learning from the senior members of the team. Responsibilities may include design analysis, development tools flow, hands on verification of new hardware designs, script &/or tool development, or other engineering duties.
- Several assignments are possible, so final alignment will be based on student skills and business needs
Education and Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a 4 year University/College
- Major must be in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Desire to learn and contribute
- Result oriented and self-motivation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
Technical Skills Desired:
- HW design knowledge/ability (analog power and/or high speed signaling is a plus)
- Lab equipment and circuit measurement experience
- PCB/ PCA design knowledge/ability
- Scripting language knowledge/ability (Python, PERL, TCL or equivalent)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Aruba - Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. Our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."