Senior QA Engineer - Data AnalyticsAndover, Massachusetts
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Andover, Massachusetts|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
InfoSight is HPE’s powerful big data analytics based monitoring and predictive analytics solution. It collects about 70 million pieces of information from each Nimble Storage array as well as from vSphere deployments, every day. It analyzes such data across the entire install base to show the customer (and resellers) deep insights in very simple and intuitive visuals. It is been recognized by customers and the analyst community as one of the core differentiators for HPE Nimble Storage. InfoSight collects and analyzes sensor data from all HPE products and Predictive Analytics are then used to correlate vast amounts of information to find the needle in the haystack and solve the customers’ most complex infrastructure issues. As impressive as they are, InfoSight’s current capabilities are only the beginning – the possibilities for analytics based monitoring and management are endless and so is the infrastructure that keeps this running like a well-oiled machine.
That’s where you come in. Do you consider QA more of a culture and approach than a specific job title? Are you passionate about automation, measurement, monitoring, security, frequent production releases, and building tools to automate all of the above? Are you all about ensuring that there are no manual or mundane tasks done by humans? Can you imagine doing things at scale, yet be part of every stage leading up to large-scale compute and storage?
If you’ve answered yes to all of the above questions, then this may be the role for you!
- Work as part of a scrum team, and closely with the back end developers, to groom stories and create and execute test plans
- Automate testing as much as possible. Some manual testing may be required
- Ensure SLA requirements are continuously improved through technology innovation and end-to-end monitoring and support capabilities
- Leverage, and contribute to, the testing automation infrastructure
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of QA/testing experience of Big Data environments (microservices, Docker, ETL, Spark, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Delivery of one or more large-scale enterprise data products meeting petabyte scale, real time, low latency data processing needs
- Knowledgeable of security requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated influencing skills, high level of technical and team leadership skills
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything (Python, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting/problem-solving
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in an Agile methodology (rapid iterations, rapid releases, etc)
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."