Senior Back End Developer - Data AnalyticsAndover, Massachusetts
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Andover, Massachusetts|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is seeking an outstanding Software Developer to play a key role in developing an industry-leading HPE storage analytics solution – HPE InfoSight. HPE InfoSight collects and analyzes more sensor data points from our customers’ storage arrays than there are stars in our galaxy. Predictive Analytics are then used to correlate vast amounts of information to find the needle in the haystack, and solve our customers’ most complex infrastructure issues.
You will be joining a small, agile, empowered team, focused on analyzing call-home data sent from HPE Storage products to provide business value through analytics. The team leverages a state-of-the-art big data (SMACK Stack) and microservice-based technology stack for our end-to-end data processing, analysis, API, and web application – to provide our users with the insights they need to be successful.
- Technical contributor, as a software developer (we’re heavy users of Scala), in a small cross-functional development team, focused on providing data analytics as a service to internal and external users
- Leverage big-data technologies for data analytics, including Spark, Akka, Kubernetes, Pulsar, Kafka, AWS, PostgreSQL, TimeScaleDB
- Work with the Front End teams and Data Scientists to determine the most optimal ways to process and schematize the data
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our Streaming data pipeline
- Work with the DevOps engineers to define state-of-the-art CI/CD strategies
- Develop unit, integration, system or any tests that are needed to help the team deliver value quickly, with a high degree of quality
Education and Experience
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering program, or equivalent
- 8-15 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong software engineering/development skills
- Data analytics experience at scale
- Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data analytics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
Some experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Scala (ZIO is a plus)
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra or Elasticsearch
- Microservice architecture and development
- Event sourcing
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."