HPC Systems EngineerAnnapolis, Maryland
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Annapolis, Maryland|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Our new innovative IT services organization is . We have the expertise to advise, integrate, and accelerate our customers’ outcomes from their digital transformation. We aim to ensure our valued clients have the most effective solution to suit the demands on a dynamic and fast-paced, modern business and the expertise to achieve maximum business benefit.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity—we are looking for a HPC System Engineer. In this amazing role, you will be responsible for holistic support of a large HPC solution, including both the HPE products and services plus all necessary third-party components (e.g. software, hardware, consulting). If you have a track record in a similar role, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
- Ability to gather data, perform analysis and escalate to a higher level of support
- Knowledge of and experience in maintaining system hardware and software, utilizing diagnostic tools and debugging tools for problem isolation. Performs software builds, software upgrades, patch installation and hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.) as needed
- Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to investigate and resolve complex problems as part of a team
- Very good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Very good interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Plus, Perl, Python, C++, etc.)
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high- risk.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create. solutions for customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent exp, Engineering or related field/discipline Ideally, 5 years of experience, in an HPC-related area (Clusters and Storage)
- Knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking , security and Cluster Management (Bright Cluster Manager a plus) Scheduling Software such as PBS Pro
- Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users
- Must have Linux+ and Security+
- Must be willing to share on-call duties with other staff to provide 24x7 support
- Top Secret Clearance required
- Aberdeen, MD
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."