Data Science ConsultantBangalore, Karnataka
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Bangalore, Karnataka|
|Shift:||No shift premium (India)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
You will join the HPE Global Operations Advanced Analytics team housed in Bangalore. You will work closely with HPE Global Operations Advanced Analytics organization in working on and managing different aspects of Business planning, reporting and analytics.
Designs, develops and applies programs, methodologies and systems based on advanced analytic models (e.g. advanced statistics, operations research, computer science, process) to transform structured and unstructured data into meaningful and actionable information insights that drive decision making.
Uses visualization techniques to translate analytic insights into understandable business stories (eg. descriptive, inferential and predictive insights).
Embeds analytics into client’s business processes and applications. Combines business acumen and scientific methods to solve business problems.
• Formulates and defines analytics solution objectives and technical requirements based on user needs, an understanding of business processes, industry requirements, and advanced analytic models (statistical, operations research, computing, process).
• Conceptualizes, builds, develops and enhances a client's analytic model. Selects the relevant analytic modeling methodology for the use case, available structured and unstructured data, cost and timing constraints to solve the business issue and deliver clear business focused insights.
• Embeds analytic models in an enhanced business process of operational system by collaborating with Application Developers. Responsible for measuring business performance based on the model.
• As a fully functioning analytics team member, applies best practices to analytics solutions and contributes to the development of improved best practices. Leads the model enhancements.
• Summarizes complex ideas by developing visual models to display insights to simplify user experience.
• Communicate the analytics solution to the appropriate stakeholders.
Education and Experience Required:
PhD degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or equivalent preferred. Or Master´s Degree in these areas and at least 4-12 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Advanced knowledge of advanced data science methodologies including but not limited to classical regression, neural nets, CHAID, CART, association rules, sequence analysis, cluster analysis, and text mining.
• Ability to translate business requirements into mathematical models and data science objectives to achieve measurable business outcomes.
• Advanced understanding of analytics software (eg. R, SAS, SPSS, Python). Advanced understanding of analytics deployment architectures.
• Advanced machine learning, data integration, and mathematical modeling skills and ETL tools (eg. Informatica, Ab Initio, Talend).
• Advanced communication and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness in working across geographical boundaries.
• Working knowledge of programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, SAS, Java, Unix Shell scripting. Working knowledge of Hadoop framework desired.
• Advanced knowledge of data visualization techniques and software tools (eg. Spotfire, SAS, R, Qlikview, Tableau, HTML5, D3).
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."