Software Engineer - HPC Performance ApplicationsBloomington, Minnesota
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Bloomington, Minnesota|
|Other Locations:||San Jose, California, United States of America; Austin, Texas, United States of America|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Software Engineer - HPC Performance Applications with expertise in High Performance Computing (HPC) and Distributed Algorithms to join its Performance Engineering team in the HPE Cray Programming Environment organization. This team is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, debugging, tuning, scaling, and maintaining the HPE Cray software development environment for HPE’s current and future large scale, high performance, parallel computer systems. The ideal candidate should have background with HPC applications, as well as supercomputer software and hardware; and be able to apply this technical expertise to help the Programming Environment developers with their needs for performance related analysis on HPE’s current and future systems.
- In this position, you will interact with application developers and will be responsible for analyzing application and benchmark performance to identify and understand performance bottlenecks and to help engineering to make performance aware design decisions. Also in this position, you will be working with directive-based GPU applications, both OpenACC and OpenMP.
Education and Experience Required:
- Degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. Ph.D. or Master's degree is welcome.
- A software engineer with 7 or more years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Background with HPC applications and their programming models/languages, including distributed memory MPI and shared memory OpenMP. Proficiency in FORTRAN, C, C++, and familiarity with Linux.
- Programming experience with directive-based GPU applications, both OpenACC and OpenMP.
- Understanding of HPC architectures, including multiprocessors, distributed memory systems, and GPU accelerators, is highly desired
- A good understanding of the capabilities available in X86 processors and accelerators targeted for the HPC industry is preferred. Knowledge of X86 assembly is a plus.
- Experience developing, debugging, maintaining, supporting, optimizing, and/or using scientific application software, and experience with performance profiling tools and debuggers
- Experience with benchmarking or performance analysis of applications on large-scale systems is a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills for internal and external interactions and presentations, with effective organizational skills and attention to details
- Outstanding problem solving skills, ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams.
- Success working in a fast-paced, changing environment; strong sense of urgency
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."