Software Engineering Intern - Performance EngineeringBloomington, Minnesota
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Bloomington, Minnesota|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
College/University Graduate hires (within 12 months of graduation per the company's definition) undergoing a specific training and development path within the EMEA Graduate Program.
University students enrolled in a Masters advanced degree program who are working in a technical or non-technical internship role at the company during their study or in summer breaks between university semesters.
We are seeking a motivated and skilled Software Engineering Intern to join the Performance Engineering team within the Programming Environment (PE) organization. This intern position will be located at our Bloomington, Minnesota location and will involve interaction with several other performance engineers.
Under supervision of the Performance Engineering team, the successful candidate may be asked to assist with the investigation of application performance on GPU systems. The tasks may include:
- Build and test applications on Cray/HPE systems.
- Evaluate PE products (compiler, libraries, performance tools, debuggers) on GPU systems.
- Use various performance tools to collect performance data on CPU and GPU.
- Investigate performance bottlenecks of scientific applications.
- Automate data collection and data analysis processes.
- At least Junior year of college completed before the start of the internship; and registered as a full-time student before and following the internship. Graduate level is preferred.
- Current/expected degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or other scientific degree.
- Basic knowledge of using Linux systems such as building and testing codes.
- Experience programming in high level languages such as C/C++/Fortran on Linux platforms.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Ability to conduct experiments and present data in methodological approaches.
- Experience with performance tools, compilers, MPI, scientific libraries tools is a plus.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."