UI/UX Developer InternFt. Collins, Colorado
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Ft. Collins, Colorado|
|Other Locations:||San Jose, California, United States of America|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
If you have a proven sense of modern design and passion for developing rich, interactive web applications based on ReactJS, this is the opportunity for you! You will collaborate with product designers, user experience designers, researchers, engineers, our brand team, and 3rd party agencies to deliver modern experiences. You'll also be participating in research, planning, and contributing to web components that meet project needs and align with a design that mutually benefits both users and the business.
- Contribute to implementation by integrating components, resolving issues, writing tests, augmenting documentation, and rapidly building a workable proof of concepts
- Translate Sketch or Figma designs to pixel perfect websites and applications
- Provide community support by actively engaging and troubleshooting with the Grommet community via Slack, Twitter, and GitHub
Knowledge & Skills
- Passionate about delivering world-class user experiences
- Proven understanding of HTML syntax, webpage anatomy, and CSS styling
- Willingness to create a more accessible web by learning WC3 Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Proven understanding of Git and GitHub contributor workflows
- Operates under the highest of self-imposed standards in fit and finish
- Excellent collaboration skills with a commitment to engage with peers inside and outside of HPE
- Proven track record of solving complex problems with creativity and simplicity
Bonus Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with ReactJS or component-based UI abstractions
- Experience with public cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience with unit and end-to-end testing libraries like Jest, Selenium, and Cypress
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems or similar
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."