Software Development EngineerGalway, Galway
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Galway, Galway|
|Shift:||No shift premium - Lunch 0.75 (Ireland)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
The HPE GreenLake Cloud R&D team is expanding and we are currently seeking a number of experienced, highly qualified and motivated candidates for Hybrid Cloud Software Developer roles.
Are you looking for a unique, truly innovative role? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world? Then we have the right opportunity – we are looking for software engineers to join our diverse and collaborative team. In this amazing role you will be responsible for design, development, troubleshooting and debugging. If you have a track record in and a passion for software engineering and want to be part of a growing business with ample opportunity for career growth, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark:
- Be part of the team designing and developing tooling for HPE’s hybrid cloud offerings
- Develop infrastructure for both on premise and in cloud applications for the most demanding of applications including SAP.
- Use native hyperscaler APIs and 3rd party SaaS applications.
- Use the latest toolchains including VMware, Docker, Kubernetes
- Use best development practices such as DevOps/CI/CD/GitOps in an dynamic and agile environment
- Work with Azure services such as Lighthouse, Blueprints, Monitor
- Develop with the latest technologies including Golang/Python/Terraform/Ansible
- Develop microservices to deliver real customer value by transforming the way we deliver code to customers
You will be interested in some of the following areas and learning more about:
- Linux development background
- software development skills; experience with languages such as GoLang, Python
- automated CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Deployment) tools and processes such as Jenkins, CircleCI and GitOps
- Container and orchestration technologies – Docker and Kubernetes
- Gain and understanding of infrastructure as code, both on-prem and cloud based, using tools like Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Understanding of public cloud and SDKs/APIs for Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Understanding of Virtualization technologies – Vmware (ESXi, NSX, VSAN, KVM)
- SAP e.g. deployments, optimizing features, system performance
- Any Systems experience – servers, storage, networking
- microservice architecture, REST, APIs, gRPC
- understanding of Agile framework
- Analytical, debug and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly, to work independently and to collaborate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computing, Engineering, Maths or related
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise
one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life
balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we
definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our
Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and are proud to announce our new partnership as a Stonewall Global Diversity Champion. This cements our commitment to be a global diverse team that is representative of our
customers and crafting.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."