SDCG Principal Corporate Systems EngineerHouston, Texas
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Houston, Texas|
|Other Locations:||Palo Alto, California, United States of America; Westborough, Massachusetts, United States of America|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet strategic customers' most important business needs. Creates and maintains effective strategic customer relationships at a deep technical level to secure customer satisfaction, confidence, and loyalty. Provides the deepest level of product-, solution-, and technology-specific expertise available to customers and partners from anyone in the corporate product organization in strategic deal pursuit situations. Aligned to specific products, product lines, and solutions. Is a subject matter expert in their areas of specialization (e.g., hyperconverged infrastructure, composable infrastructure, multi-cloud management, etc.). Responsible for consulting with partners and customers on end-to-end technical designs to meet critical business needs.
- Based on a strong knowledge of customer and market trends in the industry, affect the strategy and direction of the product line, line of services, and solutions.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners.
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products, services, and solutions.
- Seen by sales team and partners as an expert in the products, services, and solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
- Regularly recommend product, service, and solution strategic direction to senior management.
- Often create innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions.
- Travel required, up to 50% mostly domestic but might be infrequent international travel as well.
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, techniques, products, and solutions. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. May participate in large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. Provides mentoring and guidance to other employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional leader within an area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
Education and Experience Desired:
- College degrees in Technology and Business, or equivalent experience
- 10 years in technical solutions or product roles facing customers and sellers with responsibility for achieving business results
Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise with IT infrastructure (compute, network, storage), virtualization technologies (hypervisors, containers), public and private cloud architectures, IT management and orchestration technologies, and IT-hosted applications
- Strong technical and strategic leadership, influence, and teaching capabilities
- Ability to interact carefully and effectively with customers and partners as an evangelist for products, solutions, and related technologies
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."