Executive and Internal Communications ManagerHouston, Texas
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Houston, Texas|
|Other Locations:||Teleworker, Alaska, United States of America|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
At HPE, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions and advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress.
HPE is excited to add an experienced Executive and Internal Communication Manager to our Corporate Communications team! This person will be responsible for messaging, implementing and measuring sustained executive, field, channel or employee communications strategies and plans to advance the company’s corporate image, drive employee alignment and engagement, enable selling success and promote executive visibility. In addition, they will develop internal and external leadership platforms and content and manage speaker placements and prep. The focus may be global, national, regional, sub-regional or local in scope. The person in this role will also ensure that communications align with company’s brand identity and messaging framework.
- Set and lead the adoption of employee, field or channel communications strategies, policies, processes and standards to drive desired behavior.
- Proactively solicit the "voice of" various internal audiences (i.e., field, senior leaders, HR, first- level managers, all employees), sharing that information with business leaders to drive better, more impactful content and communications.
- Develop, drive and evaluate executive communications strategies and programs (internal or external) for SVP and EVP levels.
- Develop executive speeches, including speechwriting and speaker prep, customer presentations and internal communiqu& #233;s for executives.
- Independently develop and implement comprehensive employee, field, channel or executive communications strategies/roadmap, messaging frameworks and timelines spanning multiple quarters (e.g., annual exec communications strategy and plan for a global business group or region).
- Be recognized as an authority and thought leader in executive, field/channel or employee communications, and contribute to the development and adoption of innovative principles and ideas across the company.
- Select, manage and develop agencies or contractors.
- Manage functional or department budget.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in employee communications, journalism or marketing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Superior writing and editing skills - recognized for "near perfection" writing and editing skills and often asked to edit the work of others.
- Superior listening and interpersonal skills.
- Superior organization and program management skills.
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and vehicles.
- Proven experience managing, leading, driving and measuring virtual teams toward common goal.
- Fluency in local language and English.
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Agency and budget management.
- Consultative skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."