Technical Solutions EngineerHyderabad, Telangana
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Shift:||No shift premium (India)|
Customer Solution Centers are made up of teams that provide remote (offsite) service; customer access, pre-sales, post-sales, and service delivery. Technical teams focus is to solve various business systems and applications problems for customers, onsite engineering personnel and Authorized Service Providers on standard, specialized or complex systems.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission- critical). .
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a mentor and guide other employees. Ability to provide direction and guidance to process improvements.
- Ability to articulate clearly, recommend and explain resolutions /clients.
- Understand and utilize ITIL.
- Represent the company in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- First Level University degree: a) technical, b) non-technical (i.e., Bachelor of Arts/ Science). Typically 3-4 year completion beyond High School level, BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience in relevant technologies and customer environments.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- good working and deep understanding of the ecosystem like YARN,Hive, Spark, Oozie, Zookeeper, Sentry is mandatory.
- Must have hands on experience in configuration and administration of Hadoop clusters.
- Experience in working on NoSQL database. Deep understanding of HBase.
- Experience in any configuration management tool.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux or other Unix flavors
- Strong working knowledge of disaster recovery, incident management and security best practices o Working knowledge of containers (e.g.,docker) and major orchestrators (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker Datacenter)
- Working knowledge of automation tools (e.g., Ansible,chef)
- Working knowledge of software defined networking Working knowledge of parcel based upgrades with Hadoop.
- Working knowledge of hardening Hadoop, Spark with Kerberos, TLS, and HDFS encryption
- Willing to work in shift system
- knoledge of Java and C code is benificial.
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability.
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers.
- Ability to mentor new agents.
- Ability train peers on solutions.
- Ability to take full ownership for resolution with escalated customers.
- Ability to lead technical action plans.
- Lead or provide expertise to teams or projects.
- Highly Developed knowledge of more complex solutions.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."