Senior Network Security EngineerLeixlip, Kildare
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Leixlip, Kildare|
|Other Locations:||London, England, United Kingdom|
|Shift:||No shift premium - Lunch 1.0 (Ireland)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services, and software solutions for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
The primary objective of this position is support production operations across Routing & Switching, Firewalls, Data Centers, Wireless and Security disciplines, and execute projects. In addition to executing on projects and production support, this role will provide technical mentoring and guidance to L2 / L1 Network support group throughout the organization.
If you have the relevant experience and skills, want to be part of a business that is growing—with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today.
How you’ll make your mark
- You’ll take the lead in developing and supporting network LAN, WAN, wireless and security solutions that integrate into the overall HP Enterprise network and security architecture.
- You’ll evaluate the current network and security systems, and be empowered to propose and implement network system enhancements on Network Switches, Routers, Internet Firewall Services, VPN and other Network Management devices.
- You’ll create and maintain standard builds/templates and apply advanced network and security engineering and architecture knowledge on complex and diverse problems
- You’ll work collaboratively with internal teams in IT network infrastructure project design, reviews and ensure network architecture goals and requirements to deliver key business objectives.
- You’ll thrive working with global customers and service providers to design and implement large complex networks
- You’ll use your knowledge of cloud architectures, software defined networking, data center switching technologies, and securing virtual environments
- You’ll use your experience of evaluating emerging technologies, to incorporate and deliver them into the existing or new systems here at HPE.
If you are…
- Able to determining security requirements through evaluation of key business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Excited about the opportunity to plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices;
- Experienced in implementing security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support.
- An expert in firewall design and in network security including: Device Hardening, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Firewalls, and IPSec, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection.
- A proven specialist with in devices like Checkpoint, Fortigate and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Adept with configurations of rules, routing, Natting, policies and profiles in Firewalls.
- Well versed in migrating VPN's from legacy to new NGFW firewalls
- Able to enhance the security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Knowledgeable about Aruba routing, switching, and wireless hardware, software and protocols including Aruba Mobility Controllers, Aruba Instant Aps, Aruba Airwave, Aruba Central, Aruba Activate, Security, Aruba ClearPass is desired
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."