HR Project Manager (D&I)Plano, Texas
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Plano, Texas|
|Other Locations:||San Jose, California, United States of America; New York, New York, United States of America; Houston, Texas, United States of America|
|Job Category:||Human Resources|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. In a dynamic environment where technology is transforming businesses and entire industries at an unprecedented pace, Hewlett Packard Enterprise builds on its rich heritage of innovation and industry-leading positions in services, infrastructure and financial services. The $30B+ company operating in more than 170 countries is focused on four key areas that are fundamental to enabling business transformation and future growth:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
One of our core principles is belief in the power of people. Recognizing that our people are HPE’s biggest competitive advantage allows us to focus on ensuring that we keep the employee at the center of everything we do - and we trust our Human Resources (HR) division to look after our biggest asset. This includes everything from recruiting activities, administration, compensation, performance management, employee development, as well as the allocation of our industry leading work-life-balance and training programs.
- Transforming to a hybrid infrastructure by helping customers seamlessly manage information across traditional IT and private, managed and public cloud environments
- Empowering a data-driven organization engineered to turn information into insight, and insight into action
- Protecting their digital enterprise to manage risk, monitor operations, protect information and applications and sustain operational integrity
- Enabling workplace productivity to create best-in-class experiences for employees, customers and partners through mobility and networking solutions
The HPE, Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager, will be primarily responsible for effectively executing the Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) strategy for US ethnic groups by helping to define and implement programs create equity across diverse populations. This includes analyzing data, creating tools, resources or routines to bring programs to life. The Manager will be a consultative solution partner to senior business and HR leadership while serving as a change agent in designing, developing and deploying key programs. You will make a positive impact through leading and organizing broad cross-functional efforts and you’ll use information and work closely with leaders to help achieve business goals.
Reporting to the HPE, Director, Inclusion & Diversity this manager will be part of the core team that the Chief Diversity Officer leads.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, manage and coordinate highly visible, complex and cross-functional programs, projects and work. Develop and deploy process, routines and tools that support Inclusion & Diversity US programs and partnership with the business. Ensure clear scope and on-time delivery across all relevant business and partner teams.
- Build out and manage timing & actions along with dashboards, presentations, and key approval milestones. Monitor project progress, report on performance and proactively communicate with key stakeholders.
- Build relationships and work cross-functionally to drive the successful and on-time completion of assigned work.
- Troubleshoot and identify risks while offering strategic solutions to best keep the team and the work moving forward.
- Maintain comprehensive program portfolio of timing and deliverables across work.
- Identify opportunities, address gaps and implement tactics that will deliver desired results. Assess interdependencies and collision points and recommend sequencing of work to accelerate progress.
- Collaborate with partners to effectively integrate Inclusion & Diversity into operational routines.
- Stay connected internally and externally, leveraging data, insights, and industry trends to lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of experience leading high scope projects and working with cross-functional teams; HR experience preferred
- Ability to build a strong network within HPE and leverage resources and relationships to get things done
- Proven track record or critical thinking; Ability to navigate through complex problems, analyze processes, synthesize data and results and drive toward solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Competent in project management; has the ability to manage many priorities and tight deadlines
- Flexibility, resiliency and nimbleness; comfortable working in “grey areas”
- Ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders – without direct authority
- Is flexible, resilient, and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the company, the strategy, and the work.
- Connects and integrates strategies across multiple spaces easily.
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Inclusive leadership through strong engagement skills
- Action oriented with effective decision making skills
- Strong business and social acumen and political savviness
- Strong collaboration skills across HR and business functions
- Diplomatic and articulate communication style in dealing with senior executives
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Proclivity toward teaming, collaboration and customer service
- Ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of management
- Exposure to Business Strategy, Human Capital Strategy and Global I&D Strategy
- Reliability and sound judgment
- Strong ERG/BRG experience
- Experience with Agile framework
- PMP certification is a plus
Effectively demonstrate these HPE Elements of Leadership:
- Engage: Communicate clear direction; Inspire momentum; Link work to the big picture
- Empower: Coach to business outcomes; Mentor to educate and motivate; Connect to resources
- Evolve: Debrief experiences; Adjust to conditions; Learn fast
- Execute: Drive results; Lead the right way; Recognize excellence
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."