Principal , Venture InvestingSan Jose, California
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||San Jose, California|
|Job Category:||Business Planning|
|Shift:||No shift premium (United States of America)|
HPE Ventures is seeking an Investment Principal/ Associate Director to support the MD on investment efforts, and sourcing/leading his/her own investments. The Principal will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest including but not limited to storage, networking, New cloud stack, cyber security, artificial intelligence, and enterprise solutions.
- Quarterbacking all stages of an investment including diligence, market analysis, and development of investment themes, and deal negotiation
- Proactively source potential deals for Pathfinder
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Develop an “informed perspective”, including managing and building brand and relationships with: VC firms, startup accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem
- Maintain/ Lead the investment landscape for a given sector of companies and technology. This includes determining the performance parameters for products addressing the sector, market size, technology trends, business model innovation, competitive landscape, and investment opportunities
- Enhance the professional development of Associates on the team
- 5-7 years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, consulting/banking or experience in VC
- 3-4 years of direct investing experience at a venture firm or corporate venture group
- Strong understanding of technical sectors
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Ability to coach more junior team members on the end to end deal process
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."