Software Engineer InternWestern Cape
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
|Primary Location:||Western Cape|
|Job Category:||Graduate Program and Internships|
|Shift:||No shift premium (South Africa)|
Aruba is redefining the “IT EDGE”. Creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility and the IoT to transform business models with the combined power of compute, context, control and secure connectivity.
We’re recognized leaders in Wi-Fi technology, and our mission is to provide the Edge-to-Cloud platform upon which our customers innovate in the mobile, IoT, and cloud era. We started small, a California-based start-up, and joined Hewlett Packard in 2015.
Aruba User Experience Insight are a Cape Town-based unit of Aruba, whose product is a Wi-Fi performance monitoring sensor. Our sensor was first of its kind in the space and began as a local start-up. In today’s era of ever-increasing wireless network coverage and ever-increasing dependency on connectivity, we are providing vital monitoring and troubleshooting capabilities to all manner of companies, hospitals, restaurants, campuses, warehouses, and retail outlets world-wide.
Things to look forward to during your internship: Private mentoring and coaching, launch & learn sessions with the broader company, pair and mob programming, code review sessions, and architecture/infrastructure tutorials.
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work remotely, outside of an HPE office.
Depending on your role, you'll be working on one or more of the following:
- Front-end development of our dashboards: data visualisation work, UI and UX design, graphing large quantities of data, optimising performance
- Back-end development to support our dashboards: handling big data, real-time data streaming, scaling our systems to handle 10,000+ devices reporting 24/7, API development
- Back-end development on device management software: handle device configs, package updates, device logistics
- Dev ops work around CI, deployment processes, managing our systems and servers
- Device software dev: planning and implementing new ways to test network performance, low-level device security and encryption, device recovery systems, Linux kernel work
- Hardware development: firmware development, digital circuit design, RF work, manufacturing and production logistics
Our Engineering Processes We are agile and have a regular release cycle, which focuses on quick iteration and working closely with our partners. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow with Aruba UXI.
- Bachelor’s degree holder with a focus in computer science, IT.
- Collaborative, solution-focused and act with a sense of urgency.
- Comfortable working in a hybrid (virtual and face-to-face) environment.
- Thrive on fresh challenges and continual learning.
- Problem solver, a quick study, and hooked on web development
- Passionate developer who cares about design, performance, and creating outstanding user experiences.
- Exceptional communicator and presentation skills.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
Make Your Mark
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
Sign Up for Alerts
Join our talent community and get HPE news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Search for a category or location (or both), select a suggestion and then click "Sign Up."