DevOps Engineer - HPE InfoSightPrimary Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
What makes for a successful career at HPE?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
What you need to know about the jobJob ID 1022894 Date posted 5/3/2018 Primary Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift First Shift (India)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we live by three core values that drive our business: Partner. Innovate. Act. These values combine to help us create important work all over the world to advance how people live and work.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Providing with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
HPE is seeking an outstanding DevOps engineer to play a key role in helping the HPE InfoSight team build AI for the datacenter. HPE InfoSight allow HPE partners and customers to optimize, manage, and protect their datacenter infrastructure, while helping customer support, engineering, and sales to deliver more value to our customers.
You will be joining a small, agile, empowered team, focused on analyzing call-home data sent from HPE storage and enterprise products to provide business value through analytics. The team leverages a modern big-data and micro service-based technology stack for our end-to-end data processing, analysis, API, and web application – to provide our users with the insights they need to be successful.
- CI/CD pipeline development using Groovy, Jenkins, Mesos, Dockers, and RPMS.
- Monitoring with Prometheus/ELK/Graphite.
- Scripting/Automation using Ruby, Bash, or Ruby.
- Build and Maintain our cloud/on-prem infrastructure using Teraform, Mesos, DCOS, Dockers, and VMware.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our IoT analytics platform, powered by Scala, Spark, Mesos, Akka, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, and Vertica.
- Leverage big-data technologies for data analytics, including Hadoop/Spark, Vertica (SQL), and ElasticSearch.
Education and Experience
Bachelor/Master's in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent, and a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data analytics.
- Excellent programming skills, with experience or an interest in learning functional programming.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
We are looking for a candidate with some or all of the following:
- Experience building a data pipeline using Scala, Java, or Python, preferably with Spark and Kafka
- Data analytics experience with SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, or ideally Spark.
- Machine learning experience
- Linux development or system administration experience, including Python or BASH scripting.
- Automation experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other.
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
Vision is key to embrace change and gravitate towards the future. Strategy and actions contribute to achieving your goals. However a dedicated team is essential for reaching ultimate success. My team gives me the energy required to be successful at HPE.Julien Bertin Africa & Greece Managing Director
My favorite thing about the culture here is the amount of collaboration that goes on throughout the company.Chris Rasberry Finance Project Manager
With a company as vast as HPE, you never know what’s going to come up, so it keeps you on your toes, excited for the next challenge.Kristine Steeter AMS HR Operations and Global Services VP
About the Location
Find out what it’s like to work
Faster to the perfect fitLinkedIn Job Matching
Search jobs that match your LinkedIn Profile
Make Your Mark
We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.