Product Engineer IApply Now Job ID 1016579 Date posted 1/9/2018 Primary Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Engineering Schedule Full time Shift No shift premium (India)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Servers, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
- Work with SW Program Managers and Server Product teams to understand the SW offering strategy and get them implemented in OTT Application
- Ensure SW Program readiness for compatibility and configuration rules, for each launch in a timely manner
- Establish and execute QA processes to ensure quality of the released SW menu
- Study New Product Roadmap published periodically by EG SW Supply Chain and take proactive measures to complete action in advance so that they are ready by the launch date
- Conduct UAT of SW menu on the configurators and work with KES team to close the gaps
- Participate in regular reviews and provide updates on the SW launch readiness to CTO Engineering Management
- Requires support during the evenings of India time for reviews for conference calls with US teams
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, or Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-3 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Server Hardware options and product technologies
- Understanding the basics of different categories of options needed for servers
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
- An eye for quality
- Good team player
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and euch other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.